Thursday, August 15, 2013

Today is the beginning of a new dream!

It's been almost 4 weeks since I left Cohort 005 and as I read, meditate and talk through some of my demons, I'm amazed at several things:

1) The incredible team of providers that offer their time, love and services to this group of men who are at the end of their rope.

2) The awesome power of communication between like minded individuals. 

3) The transformation I can see in myself as I put into practice very simply yet profound concepts and ideas that this team of providers showed me and tools they gave me.

I will explain #2.  I have been on a roller coaster of emotion and self awareness lately.  I don't know how it is, but EVERY single time I at a low point and feel like I'm doing something wrong or failing at something, I receive a phone call or email or text just checking on me.  Nothing specific is ever asked of me.  And I in no way feel compelled to explain or show any emotion at all.  But the way in which this support network works allows me to feel comfortable sharing myself.  I am learning that is called love.  I am also learning that the one person responsible for keeping me from happiness in my life has been me. I have judged myself so harshly my entire life that I have not allowed anyone to get close to me because I did not want them to see the failure that I perceived I was.

Change is hard.  However, I am also finding out that "your happiness, your freedom, your entire way of living depend s on it.  The warriors goal is to transcend this world" not be part of it. 

4 weeks ago I started a journey.
4 weeks ago I walked away from my old self. 
4 weeks ago I was given a gift.

The continuing action is change and paying it forward.  I could have missed that.  I will forever be in debt to those who gave me these tools and ARE actively providing me guidance, mentorship and love.  Thank you.

Strength and Honor

Steve H (005)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Stephen...unreal. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jake! You and the team you have assembled have been a God send for me.

      Delete
  2. Four weeks ago you made new friends...family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful and humbling.... keep up the" battle" Stephen! You are worth that and so much more. Thank you for your service! Know also that there are many of us who are life long friends of Jake's who he has asked us to continue to pray for all of you, every day. What a beautiful thing our friend had put into action! we are so proud of him AND all of you who had the courage to come forward and allow the healing process to work in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is people like you Laura that keep my in this "battle". Thank you for your prayers and support for this work.

    ReplyDelete